How can I snack on fruit?

Keri Gans
Here are some easy ways to have fruit as a snack:
  1. Buy an extra piece of fruit with your breakfast and save it for your snack.
  2. As with breakfast, add whole fruit to protein-rich plain yogurt for a delicious and filling snack.
  3. If you’re pressed for time, buy your fruit already cut up (i.e., pineapple, melon, or strawberries) and enjoy with a serving of nuts.
  4. Every morning, pack a piece of string cheese and a serving of fruit (either whole or sliced) to snack on in the afternoon.
  5. After dinner, snack on one serving of fruit. (Don’t worry about adding protein here, since you ideally don’t need it to hold you over since it should be close to bedtime.)
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...
Toby Smithson

Fruit makes a great snack that is packed with nutrients, vitamins and minerals but is low in calories. Here are some fruit snack ideas:

• Cut up fruit, berries, or grapes are a great quick to fix snack
  • A great summer snack is to freeze grapes; when eaten it tastes like a creamy ice cream
  • Make a trail mix using dried fruits (raisins, plums, cranberries, or apricots) and mix with whole grain cereal and nuts. This trail mix stores well so you can keep a bag in your office desk or in the car.
  • Spread a nut butter on apples or bananas for a dessert like treat that will keep you full and satisfied

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Sugary Drinks Plus Fatty Protein Make for a Bad Combo
Conflicts between pro-athlete teammates is nothing new: Lakers’ Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O’Neal played for nine tension-ridden years until their anim...
How can I tell if I'm a habitual eater?
Dr. Mike Dow, PsyDDr. Mike Dow, PsyD
Habitual eaters like to eat the same things, from the same places, in the same way, every day -- foo...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
Why Should I Avoid Giving Into Food Cravings?