How can I eat less cheese?

Keri Gans
Here are some ease-up-on-cheese tips:
  1. Limit yourself to 1 ounce of full-fat cheese a day. After that, try other low-fat dairy options, like yogurt or cottage cheese.
  2. Instead of adding 2 or 3 slices of cheese to a sandwich, add a serving of avocado instead.
  3. Rather than add shredded cheese to a salad, add flavor and crunch with an ounce of chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts.
  4. Stuff your omelet with veggies -- onions, peppers, spinach, mushrooms -- instead of cheese.
  5. If you tend to get hungry at night, have your cheese serving for your midafternoon snack with a piece of fruit or a serving of wholegrain crackers, to hold you over until dinner.
The Small Change Diet: 10 Steps to a Thinner, Healthier You

THE ONLY “DIET” PLAN YOU WILL EVER NEED! No deprivation, no struggles. Just ten small changes that will transform your life. Keri Gans, spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association, shares...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

How to Eliminate Ultra-Processed Foods From Your Diet
When digital TV arrived in the 1990s, broadcasters embraced ultra-high frequency transmission for cable and the airwaves—revolutionizing the way we re...
What small changes can I make to my diet to improve my health?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
Following are some small changes you can make to your diet to improve your health. These are tips fr...
What should I do if junk food is all that's available?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
Even if junk food or fast food is all that's available, there are often healthier options to choose ...
What Are Individual Eating Habits Which Can Change Food Culture on a Larger Scale?