How can I avoid snacking too much if I'm on a slow-carb diet?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
There are certain foods that, while technically fine to eat on the slow-carb diet, are prone to portion abuse. I call these "domino foods," as eating one portion often creates a domino effect of oversnacking.

My fat-loss has plateaued three times due to almonds, which are easy to consume by the handful and simple to excuse as nutritious. Unfortunately, they also contain 824 calories per cup, 146 calories more than a Whopper from Burger King (678 kilocalories). A few almonds is just fine (5-10), but no one eats just a few almonds.

Think you'll just have one cookie or a couple of potato chips? Not if there's a bag of either in the kitchen. Self-discipline is overrated and undependable. Don't eat anything that requires portion control. Get domino foods out of the house and out of reach.
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Munch On Healthy Proteins For Energy All Day
Whether you’re off for a brisk walk or a championship bout, it’s important to eat right so you don’t run out of steam. A study says the best way to do...
How can cognitive dissonance affect eating habits?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Cognitive dissonance is a psychological term describing the uncomfortable tension that may result fr...
Which food items will help me feel full earlier?
Robert S. Kaufmann, MDRobert S. Kaufmann, MD
The first thing is to not let yourself get starved. Say you skip breakfast and what happens is you e...
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory
Smart Meals to Boost Your Memory