How can I avoid meal multitasking?

Break the habit of meal multitasking. First, power down or move away from the distraction. Find a place away from your desk or TV that is peaceful and free of anything that may take your focus away from your food. These days many busy folks can't find 30 minutes to sit down and focus on a meal. However, 15 minutes is doable and better for you than eating in a distracted state for 30 minutes.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating Habits and Nutrition

Fast Fasting and Slowing Down Disease
Fast Fasting and Slowing Down Disease
Can you match the following authors, Benjamin Franklin, Plutarch (an ancient Greek moralist) and Paracelsus (one of the fathers of Western medicine), ...
How can I make healthier choices concerning packaged food?
Dominique AdairDominique Adair
There are actually many more healthy packaged food options today than even a few years ago. To keep ...
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making6 Mealtime Mistakes You're Probably Making
Do you clean your plate, pick the wrong sides and skimp on treats?
Should I Include Eggs in a Healthy Diet?