What's wrong with ordering veal at a restaurant?

Veal is often actually pork. Veal is expensive meat; often, restaurants will swap it out for pork. Once the meat is pounded and slathered in breadcrumbs and sauce, only a discerning diner can tell the difference.

Ask for veal to be grilled and never breaded. It’s healthier, and you can more easily assess the quality of the meat.

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
When Eddie (John C. Reilly) from the animated hit film Sing croons, “Can I get a Happy Meal with big nuggets?” and Johnny (Taron Egerton) the gorilla ...
What are some major trends in 20th century U.S. food consumption?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
During the twentieth century, food consumption patterns changed dramatically. Total dietary fat inta...
How can lighting and music affect my eating habits?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
You may love the atmosphere in a fancy restaurant, but who has the time to worry about lighting and ...
How to Enjoy a Healthy Diet on a Tight Budget