How can I eat healthier Asian food?

Mary Mullen
Although it’s always been a popular carryout cuisine, Asian food is fairly new to the fast-food scene. Start with soup -- most are broth-based and less than 100 calories per serving. Look for made-to-order stir-fry dishes and ask for them to be prepared with less oil and extra vegetables. Choose steamed brown rice instead of white rice or fried rice. Encourage kids to use chopsticks instead of a fork to slow down the pace of their eating. Finally, read the fortune, but skip the cookie. Who could predict that this tiny dessert would have 40 calories?
Healthy Eating, Healthy Weight for Kids and Teens

In a world of fast food, supersized sodas, and televised temptations, this guide shows how to buck the obesity trend currently in the national spotlight—and have fun doing it. Using a family...
Lisa Lillien
A couple of easy tricks can lighten up a delicious Asian meal. Hungry Girl author Lisa Lillien reveals how to order Asian in this video. 

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
When Eddie (John C. Reilly) from the animated hit film Sing croons, “Can I get a Happy Meal with big nuggets?” and Johnny (Taron Egerton) the gorilla ...
What can I do to protect myself from poor food handling at a restaurant?
Peter DeLuciaPeter DeLucia
To protect you and your family from poor food handling at restaurants, keep food temperature in mind...
What's one of the dirtiest things a restaurant serves?
Restaurant lemons are often as dirty as the floor.Most restaurants never wash their lemons. They sta...
Are We as a Nation Addicted to Sugar?
Are We as a Nation Addicted to Sugar?