How are diet and climate change connected?

The connection between diet and climate change is that diet affects the greenhouse gases. Healthy eating affects sustainability and the environment.

Diet affects freshwater use. In fact, 3 percent of the planet has fresh water, the rest is saltwater in the oceans. And of that 3 percent fresh water, about 70 percent goes to growing food. Diet also affects land use, from raising animals to growing palm oil and other substances.

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

Eat Clean Organic Foods for Better Health
Does the news that every year 16 million pounds of antibiotics are fed to chickens, pigs, cows and fish that end up on your plate have you worried? If...
How can I eat the local cuisine in a foreign country without getting sick?
Tempted to indulge in the local cuisine? Food can be the best or the worst part of your internationa...
What are exotic foods?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Exotic foods are generally foods that are not native to your country. Exotic foods are not foods tha...
How Can I Tell If I'm a Passionate Eater?