Is food my friend or enemy?

Food touches every aspect of our lives. Our physical health depends on it; we cannot grow, heal, or function without it. It plays a central role in our social lives, connecting us to friends, family, history, and culture. It ties in to our emotions, nurturing as it nourishes, comforting us with memories we have attached to certain tastes. We might view food as an expression of love -- a gift we give to those we cherish. Or we might see it as our enemy, a source of extra pounds that piles on with stress and fear.
Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause

FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH," A TRUSTWORTHY, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO HELP EVERY WOMAN NAVIGATE THE MENOPAUSE TRANSITION For decades, millions of women have relied on Our...

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

The Inconvenience of Convenience Foods
The Inconvenience of Convenience Foods
Did you fill up your tank and your stomach at the same stop? “Sure. It’s convenient,” you say. Well, since there are more than 151,000 convenience sto...
What can I do to protect myself from germs when I eat at a food court?
Peter DeLuciaPeter DeLucia
To protect yourself from germs at the food court, wash/sanitize your hands and your table, and pick ...
What are the most important food related issues?
Daphne OzDaphne Oz
Believe it or not, food can be a political issue. In this video, health educator and author Daphne O...
How Can I Tell If I'm a Passionate Eater?