How do the Asian and American soybean diets compare?

The type of soy in Asian diets is dissimilar to those of Americans, which tend to be processed soy foods. Asians mostly eat whole food tofu and fermented soy products that may contain many other important components. Asians eat 47 mg of isoflavones a day compared to the American's 1-6 mg.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Eating and Society

Eating on the Run Adds Calories
Eating on the Run Adds Calories
When you see a photo of Gisele Bündchen gobbling a slice of pizza before hitting the catwalk or Will Smith spooning lunch into his mouth as he walks d...
Does mercury in fish cause health problems?
Phillip J. Landrigan, MDPhillip J. Landrigan, MD
While several servings of fish a week can be part of a healthy diet, it is important to ensure that ...
Why do mustard seeds have strong antimicrobial properties?
Louis RosnerLouis Rosner
Researchers from the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg, Canada, found that the antimicrobial proper...
How Can I Tell If I Am an Emotional Eater?