Which ingredients should I avoid if I have diabetes?

Emilia Klapp
A good rule of thumb is to choose breads and cereals that list whole grains (such as wheat or other grains) as the main ingredient. Avoid cereals with sugar or sweeteners such as fructose, corn syrup, or honey as the main ingredient. Also avoid cereals with dried fruits, which are concentrated sources of sugar. It is better if you add your own fresh fruit.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

What You Eat May Increase Your Risk for Alzheimer’s Disease
If you could only watch Sergio Leone westerns (A Fistful of Dollars, Once Upon a Time in the West, My Name is Nobody), that steady diet of macho and m...
What cardiovascular diseases are associated with a diet low in plant foods?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The following are some cardiovascular diseases associated with a diet low in plant foods:High blood ...
How can eating protein help people with chronic pain?
Howard S. SmithHoward S. Smith
If pain leaves you feeling fatigued and lifeless, you may want to increase the amount of protein...
Understanding the Obesity Pandemic
Understanding the Obesity Pandemic