What whole-grain foods should I eat if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to include whole-grain foods in your diet. Whole-grain foods provide a good source of carbohydrate and fiber, which help keep your energy levels up. Good sources of whole-grain foods include:

• Oatmeal
  • Whole-wheat breads
  • Brown rice
  • Whole-grain pastas

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
Does your food have legs, fins or roots? The answer affects your risk of up to five kinds of cancer. And fins and roots have the edge. In a study, veg...
Should I change my diet after a heart stent?
Linda MartinezLinda Martinez
The type of diet someone with the disease called atherosclerosis should be on is a low-fat diet. Ath...
If I have diabetes, where can I find the nutrients I need?
Amy CampbellAmy Campbell
You'll be able to get the nutrients that you need from the same healthy foods that people without di...
Eat Salmon to Prevent Cancer and Raise HDL Cholesterol