What protein-rich foods should I eat if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to include protein-rich foods in your diet. Protein helps the body to repair cells and tissues. It also helps your immune system recover from illness. Include a source of lean protein at all meals and snacks. Good sources of lean protein include:

• Lean meats such as chicken, fish or turkey
  • Eggs
  • Low-fat dairy products and dairy substitutes such as milk, yogurt and cheese
  • Nuts and nut butters
  • Beans
  • Soy foods

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

This Could Be the Most Important Meal for Your Heart
The old saying goes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Public opinion has swung back and forth on that, but a growing body of evide...
What foods can help prevent disease?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Some findings suggest that foods high in vitamin C, in combination with 500 milligrams of vitami...
Should I change my diet after a heart stent?
Linda MartinezLinda Martinez
The type of diet someone with the disease called atherosclerosis should be on is a low-fat diet. Ath...
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein
When Eating Out, Choose Smart Protein