What foods foster post surgical healing?

After surgery it’s important to get plenty of the nutrients that promote healing, these nutrients would be vitamins, minerals and protein. Eating foods high in vitamins like fruits and vegetables especially green leafy vegetables and brightly colored foods and lean proteins like fish, chicken and pork will provide good sources of protein and vitamins and minerals. For people who are vegetarians you can combine various grains and beans to get a good source of complete proteins. A good example is rice and beans which will give you all the proteins needed for health.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

Taking a Bite Out of Heart Disease
Taking a Bite Out of Heart Disease
In order to prepare for the lead role in the 2013 bio-pic Jobs, Ashton Kutscher opted for a fruitarian diet. Guess he wanted to get inside the insides...
How do I count carbohydrates when I am using insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Meet with your dietitian to learn how to count the carbohydrates in the foods you eat and adjust you...
What healthy dairy products should I eat if I have diabetes?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
If you are at high risk for diabetes - or if you already have it - unprocessed dairy foods without a...
Feel-Good Healthy Snacks
Feel-Good Healthy Snacks