What foods should I eat if I am taking antibiotics?

Sari Greaves
Try to add some yogurt to your diet when taking antibiotics -- it is high in calcium and can also help maintain some of the necessary bacteria that you need in your gut. Green leafy vegetables, kale or Swiss chard are helpful in giving you extra Vitamin K which helps while you are taking the medicines. Also, pumpkin seeds are a great source of magnesium and iron and will help keep you healthy and strong while taking antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Your Diet Could Affect Your Thyroid
How Your Diet Could Affect Your Thyroid
If you’ve been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, or hypothyroidism, you may have heard that what you eat could affect your condition, or that cer...
What foods can help prevent disease?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Some findings suggest that foods high in vitamin C, in combination with 500 milligrams of vitami...
Does diet play a role in degenerative diseases?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
The evidence supporting diet's role in chronic degenerative diseases is substantial. There are two b...
Another Reason to Watch Your Salt
Another Reason to Watch Your Salt