What foods contain calcium oxalate?

There are no foods that naturally contain calcium oxalate.

The chemical compound (calcium oxalate) forms when calcium and oxalate combine in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract. This may contribute to kidney stone formation. People prone to forming calcium oxalate stones may be asked by their physician to limit or avoid certain foods known to contain high amounts of calcium or oxalate.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

A Guide to Diabetes-Friendly Movie Snacks
Movies and snacks go really well together. Unfortunately, candy, soda, movie theater popcorn, and most of the other snacks on sale at the concession s...
How do I count carbohydrates when I am using insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Meet with your dietitian to learn how to count the carbohydrates in the foods you eat and adjust you...
What foods can help prevent disease?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Some findings suggest that foods high in vitamin C, in combination with 500 milligrams of vitami...
Which Herbs Help Reduce Pain and Inflammation?