Why are strawberries a good food choice for people with diabetes?

Emilia Klapp
The nutritional components in strawberries make them a suitable fruit for diabetics. Their fiber content slows down the body’s production of glucose. In addition, strawberries have a low glycemic index. One cup contains only 10 g of carbohydrates.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

A Guide to Diabetes-Friendly Movie Snacks
Movies and snacks go really well together. Unfortunately, candy, soda, movie theater popcorn, and most of the other snacks on sale at the concession s...
What whole-grain foods should I eat if I'm being treated for cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to include whole-grain foods in your diet. Whole...
What diet should I follow after I have my gallbladder removed?
Dr. Darria Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Gillespie, MD
There’s no specific diet you have to follow. However, before you had your gallbladder removed, you m...
What Changes Should I Make to My Diet to Reduce Inflammation?