Should I change my diet if I have a chronic condition?

You may need to change your diet if you have a chronic condition. With a chronic condition, a carefully planned menu can make a difference. For instance, incorporating heart-healthy foods into your eating plan can help prevent and lower high blood pressure and this reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.

If you would like to know what a healthier diet would look like for you, the first place to turn is to your primary care doctor. Having a primary care doctor who can coordinate your care is vital to your good health. If you don’t have a primary care doctor, finding one is easy! Just visit your insurance carrier’s website, look for the “find a doctor” area and follow the instructions.

Trinity Health is a Catholic health care organization that acts in accordance with the Catholic tradition and does not condone or support all practices covered in this site. In case of emergency call 911. This site is educational and not a substitute for professional medical advice, always seek the advice of a qualified health care provider.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

What You Eat May Increase Your Risk for Alzheimer’s Disease
If you could only watch Sergio Leone westerns (A Fistful of Dollars, Once Upon a Time in the West, My Name is Nobody), that steady diet of macho and m...
Is eating prickly pear good for my health?
Prickly pears found in Mexico can help ward off diabetes. Watch as Dr. Oz talks with alternative med...
Should people with diabetes avoid eating fruit?
Emilia KlappEmilia Klapp
Fruits are a good source of antioxidants, which diabetics need to prevent and fight the oxidatio...
What Foods Fight Fatigue?
What Foods Fight Fatigue?