How many meals should I eat each day if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. Eating frequent small meals will ensure that your body is getting enough calories, protein and nutrients to tolerate treatment. Smaller meals may also help to reduce treatment-related side effects such as nausea. Try eating five to six small meals or “mini” meals about every three hours.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Are You Ready to Try a Plant-Based Diet?
If you’ve read anything about healthy eating plans for people with diabetes, you’ve probably seen the term “plant-based diet.” But what does it mean? ...
Should I change my diet if I have a chronic condition?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
You may need to change your diet if you have a chronic condition. With a chronic condition, a carefu...
How does snacking help people with diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Despite the improved medicines, hypoglycemia is still a very common problem in people with diabetes....
Is It Better to Get Nutrients From Food Or Supplements to Fight Cancer?