How many meals should I eat each day if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to eat small, frequent meals throughout the day. Eating frequent small meals will ensure that your body is getting enough calories, protein and nutrients to tolerate treatment. Smaller meals may also help to reduce treatment-related side effects such as nausea. Try eating five to six small meals or “mini” meals about every three hours.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

A Guide to Diabetes-Friendly Movie Snacks
Movies and snacks go really well together. Unfortunately, candy, soda, movie theater popcorn, and most of the other snacks on sale at the concession s...
What are the best foods to eat to fight cancer?
Some of the most powerful cancer-fighting agents aren't in the drug store but in your local supermar...
How can I practice good food safety if I'm being treated for cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
If you are being treated for cancer, it is important to practice good food safety to avoid food-born...
What Are Some Tips for Someone Struggling with Food Addiction?