How can I practice good food safety if I'm being treated for cancer?

If you are being treated for cancer, it is important to practice good food safety to avoid food-borne illness and unnecessary infection. Wash your hands often while preparing food. Use different knives and cutting boards for raw meat and raw vegetables. Be sure to cook all foods to their proper temperature and refrigerate leftovers right away.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

This Could Be the Most Important Meal for Your Heart
The old saying goes that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Public opinion has swung back and forth on that, but a growing body of evide...
What can I add in my diet to lower my cholesterol level?
Dr. John La PumaDr. John La Puma
Easiest first steps: add 23 almonds and subtract chips and crackers (160 calories). Average LDL drop...
Should I avoid drinking orange juice if I have diabetes?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
There is a time and a place for any food with diabetes. Orange juice is great for picking up low blo...
Is It Better to Get Nutrients From Food Or Supplements to Fight Cancer?