How should I eat if I have bipolar disorder?

John Preston, PsyD
A diet filled with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in a variety of colors (the more colors, the wider range of nutrients), and adequate protein and carbohydrates goes a long way in keeping you healthy by giving you the nutrients, energy, and fiber your body and brain need to work effectively and efficiently. Eating several small meals per day at the same time each day keeps your blood sugar stable. It's important not to skip meals even if you have no appetite, because this may interfere with the effects of your medication and negatively affect your mood.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases