How can I eat if I have diarrhea after cancer treatment?

Follow these tips when eating if you have diarrhea and cramping after cancer treatment:
  • Drink plenty of fluids to replace loss.
  • Use fewer dairy products. If this helps, ask your dietitian for more ideas on lactose-free eating.
  • Eat foods that contain pectin, such as applesauce, oatmeal, and fruits and vegetables that are peeled.
  • Eat foods high in potassium and sodium, such as bananas, juice, fresh fruits and vegetables, and potatoes, as tolerated.
  • Avoid caffeinated drinks like coffee and soda.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Are You Ready to Try a Plant-Based Diet?
If you’ve read anything about healthy eating plans for people with diabetes, you’ve probably seen the term “plant-based diet.” But what does it mean? ...
How does drinking soda affect diabetes?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
For some people, simply ending their soda habit can bring them down to a healthy weight. When you ha...
What foods can help prevent disease?
Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhDDr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
Some findings suggest that foods high in vitamin C, in combination with 500 milligrams of vitami...
Is It Better to Get Nutrients From Food Or Supplements to Fight Cancer?