How can I change my diet to reduce my risk of chronic diseases?

To change your diet to reduce your risk of chronic diseases you can follow the federal government's recommended dietary guidelines. You can start following the guidelines, which are designed to reduce the risk of chronic diseases, by:

• following a healthy eating pattern across the lifespan
  • focusing on variety, nutrient density and amount
  • limiting calories from added sugars and saturated fats
  • reducing sodium intake
  • shifting to healthier food and beverage choices

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Your Diet Could Affect Your Thyroid
How Your Diet Could Affect Your Thyroid
If you’ve been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid, or hypothyroidism, you may have heard that what you eat could affect your condition, or that cer...
What foods should I eat if I am taking antibiotics?
Sari GreavesSari Greaves
Try to add some yogurt to your diet when taking antibiotics -- it is high in calcium and can als...
7 Best Diets for Your Heart
7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart
DASH, Ornish, Mediterranean and other eating plans your heart will thank you for.
What Factors Have Contributed to Worldwide Obesity?