How can I deal with emotional eating if I have diabetes?

Eating when you have diabetes can be tricky. Some people tie emotions to eating. You might eat because you are bored, angry, sad, lonely, frustrated or because you are celebrating, happy, joyful or just trying something new. On the other hand you may keep yourself from eating because you feel guilty eating or want to punish yourself. This could lead to a dangerous cycle of eating too much and then eating too little. Many people grow up tying emotions to food rather than eating as a way to maintain health. To change this, first you need to identify when you overeat or under eat because of your emotions. Then learn new ways of coping with those emotions.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

Could a Supplement Help Keep Your Mind Sharp?
By the year 2060, an estimated 14 million older adults in the United States will be living with dementia, which affects not only memory, but also deci...
What foods reduce inflammation in the body?
Sue HitzmannSue Hitzmann
The foods that can reduce inflammation, especially the kind that affects joints, include foods rich ...
Should I change my diet if I have a chronic condition?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
You may need to change your diet if you have a chronic condition. With a chronic condition, a carefu...
What Factors Have Contributed to Worldwide Obesity?