What are healthy options of cookies and cake if I have diabetes?

If you have diabetes and you are looking for healthy options of cookies and cakes, make sure to  choose brands that contain 3 grams or less of fat per 100 calories. Angel food cake is made without fat and has no cholesterol. Other cakes can be made without cholesterol (by using egg substitutes) but usually not without fat. Some versions substitute applesauce or nonfat yogurt for oil. Some cake mixes include directions for low-fat and low-cholesterol variations. Some fat-free cookies have more calories than the original recipe because of added sugar. Avoid palm, coconut, and hydrogenated oils.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

The Insider’s Guide to Healthy Hawaii: Are You Ready to Try a Plant-Based Diet?
If you’ve read anything about healthy eating plans for people with diabetes, you’ve probably seen the term “plant-based diet.” But what does it mean? ...
What whole-grain foods should I eat if I'm being treated for cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
If you are being treated for cancer, it's important to include whole-grain foods in your diet. Whole...
7 Best Diets for Your Heart
7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart7 Best Diets for Your Heart
DASH, Ornish, Mediterranean and other eating plans your heart will thank you for.
Which Herbs Help Reduce Pain and Inflammation?