What foods are best for people who have been through cancer treatment?

Christina Rollins

It's important to follow a heart healthy diet following cancer treatment. Choose leaner meats such as skinless chicken, turkey and fish. Aim for 25-35 grams of fiber per day and fill 1/2 your plate with fruits and vegetables. Lastly, remember to limit saturated and trans fat intake, found in items that contain butter, margarine, and oil. 

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

Cut Your Meat Consumption to Better Your Health
According to the USDA and the National Chicken Council, every year the average American consumes more than 108 pounds of red meat (beef, lamb, veal an...
Is there a diet that can help clear up my skin?
There has been a lot of research in this area, and while the studies are not all in agreement, s...
How diet can help me stave off intestinal problems?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Women have higher rates of intestinal disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), Crohn's dis...
4 Foods for Strong Bones
4 Foods for Strong Bones