What colonic diseases are associated with a diet low in plant foods?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

The following are some colonic diseases associated with a diet low in plant foods:

• Constipation
  • Appendicitis
  • Diverticulitis
  • Diverticulosis
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Colon cancer
  • Irritable bowel syndrome
  • Ulcerative colitis
  • Crohn's disease
Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

Cut Your Meat Consumption to Better Your Health
According to the USDA and the National Chicken Council, every year the average American consumes more than 108 pounds of red meat (beef, lamb, veal an...
Should I avoid drinking orange juice if I have diabetes?
Kate MyersonKate Myerson
There is a time and a place for any food with diabetes. Orange juice is great for picking up low blo...
What foods fight fatigue?
Nora ClemensNora Clemens
There is no magic bullet to fight fatigue with food... having regular exercise and getting enough sl...
Dairy Foods and Cancer
Dairy Foods and Cancer