How can food be like medicine?

Emilia Klapp
Like everything around us, food is made of chemical compounds. When ingested, food breaks down into tiny molecules that perform the functions our bodies need to sustain life. If we eat the wrong foods or inadequate amounts, we create an imbalance in our bodies that over time can lead to disease.
Daphne Oz
Health Education

Food can be like medicine, because every bite you take becomes part of your biochemistry. In this video, health educator and author Daphne Oz explains how making small but healthy choices in the food you eat can make a huge impact on your health.

Michael Greger, MD

Food is medicine; many of the leading deadly diseases can be treated, reversed or even prevented by eating a healthy diet. Watch nutrition specialist Michael Greger, MD, discuss why a diet rich in plant proteins is so important for overall health.  

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
Does your food have legs, fins or roots? The answer affects your risk of up to five kinds of cancer. And fins and roots have the edge. In a study, ve...
Do garlic and onions help prevent DNA damage?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
Most cancer is caused by damage to deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) induced by environmental toxins. A st...
How can I change my diet to reduce my risk of chronic diseases?
Mercy HealthMercy Health
To change your diet to reduce your risk of chronic diseases you can follow the federal government's ...
Is It Better to Get Nutrients From Food Or Supplements to Fight Cancer?