Can I eat sweets and desserts if I have diabetes?

People with diabetes can eat sweets and chocolate. There are no off-limit foods for people with diabetes. Sweets and desserts can be eaten in moderation as part of a healthy meal and exercise plan.
If you have diabetes, you can still eat dessert sometimes. Sweets and desserts don't provide the vitamins and minerals found in more healthful foods so you'll want to save them for a special treat. You can keep blood glucose on track by eating a small portion of sweets in place of other starchy foods, fruit, or milk in your meal plan.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases