Should I avoid drinking orange juice if I have diabetes?

Kate Myerson
There is a time and a place for any food with diabetes. Orange juice is great for picking up low blood sugars, typically 4oz will do the trick. If you really enjoy orange juice you can make it fit into your plan as long as you watch the portion size and watch how many other sources of carbohydrate are at that meal.
Emilia Klapp
If you enjoy having a cup of orange juice, mix half of it with water to prevent your blood sugar from rising too much, then check your blood-glucose level. If the level is too high, eat a whole orange instead of drinking the juice.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
How Fish and Veggies Fight 5 Cancers
Does your food have legs, fins or roots? The answer affects your risk of up to five kinds of cancer. And fins and roots have the edge. In a study, ve...
What foods are used to treat diseases around the world?
There's a reason why foods like bitter melon and noni berries are popular cures. Find out why as wor...
How do illnesses relate to my carbohydrate intake?
If your diet consists mainly of simple carbohydrates like sugary drinks and desserts and process...
What Are Some Tips for Someone Struggling with Food Addiction?