Should I avoid drinking orange juice if I have diabetes?

Kate Myerson
There is a time and a place for any food with diabetes. Orange juice is great for picking up low blood sugars, typically 4oz will do the trick. If you really enjoy orange juice you can make it fit into your plan as long as you watch the portion size and watch how many other sources of carbohydrate are at that meal.
Emilia Klapp
If you enjoy having a cup of orange juice, mix half of it with water to prevent your blood sugar from rising too much, then check your blood-glucose level. If the level is too high, eat a whole orange instead of drinking the juice.

Continue Learning about Eating & Nutrition For Diseases

Reduce Inflammation With Lutein
Reduce Inflammation With Lutein
When Sade (pronounced sha-day) sings Smooth Operator, your heartbeat slows, your shoulders relax and you feel calmer. That’s good for the heart and so...
What foods reduce inflammation in the body?
Dr. Eva B. Cwynar, MDDr. Eva B. Cwynar, MD
Inflammation can be reduced by choosing an anti-inflammatory diet. The list that follows includes an...
What changes should I make to my diet to reduce inflammation?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
The following provides some ideas for healthy dietary exchanges that can reduce inappropriate in...
Eat Salmon to Prevent Cancer and Raise HDL Cholesterol