That's right. Bones, stop growing after puberty and muscle and fat cells also stop dividing. But cartilage - that's the plastic-like stuff in ears and noses - cartilage continues to grow until the day you die. Not only does cartilage grow, but the earlobes elongate from gravity. And that makes ears look even larger.
- Q What are ear, nose, and throat specialists (otolaryngologists)?
- Q Can the human voice shatter glass?
- Q Why would I consider having facial plastic surgery?
- Q What risks, besides hearing loss, do noisy environments pose?
- Q How can I relieve stuffiness when flying?
- Q How many ranges of sound frequency can the human ear hear?