That's right. Bones, stop growing after puberty and muscle and fat cells also stop dividing. But cartilage - that's the plastic-like stuff in ears and noses - cartilage continues to grow until the day you die. Not only does cartilage grow, but the earlobes elongate from gravity. And that makes ears look even larger.
- Q How are polyps of the nose and sinuses treated?
- Q Can the human voice shatter glass?
- Q Can facial plastic surgery be combined with other cosmetic surgeries?
- Q What is the aerodigestive tract?
- Q What causes protruding ears?
- Q How can I relieve stuffiness when flying?