That's right. Bones, stop growing after puberty and muscle and fat cells also stop dividing. But cartilage - that's the plastic-like stuff in ears and noses - cartilage continues to grow until the day you die. Not only does cartilage grow, but the earlobes elongate from gravity. And that makes ears look even larger.
- Q How does air pressure affect my sinuses?
- Q How do nasal polyps affect the sinuses?
- Q What risks, besides hearing loss, do noisy environments pose?
- Q What are the advantages of botox treatment over facial plastic surgery?
- Q How can I relieve stuffiness when flying?
- Q What is rhinology?