How many ranges of sound frequency can the human ear hear?

You have two frequency ranges with which you usually hear sound. High-frequency ranges (which is the first to go when you experience hearing loss) helps you hear things like leaves rustling and whispering consonants, while low-frequency ranges helps you recognize speech.
YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Between your full-length mirror and high-school biology class, you probably think you know a lot about the human body. While it's true that we live in an age when we're as obsessed with our bodies as...

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

Protecting Your Ears Can Also Safeguard Your Heart
Loud noise (above 60 decibels, the volume of a normal conversation) is dangerous—and it doesn’t have to be a volcanic explosion to trigger health prob...
What causes protruding ears?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Protruding ears are one of the most common abnormalities at birth. No statistics are available t...
What are the approaches for treating SSCD?
Dr. Isaac Yang, MDDr. Isaac Yang, MD
For treating superior semicircular canal dehiscence (SSCD) there are three major approaches: the rou...
Can Big Earrings Hurt My Ears?
Can Big Earrings Hurt My Ears?