How do I protect my child's hearing?

Since hearing loss can come about because of environmental influences, it's smart to get children in the habit of protecting their ears. Teach them to plug their ears when in the presence of sirens, subway trains, jackhammers, and so on. And, please, don't take them to loud concerts or football games, although if you must, protect their ears with noise-reducing earmuffs. And you should also monitor volume levels on earphones for music and video players.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

Protect Your Kids From Hearing Loss
Protect Your Kids From Hearing Loss
The heavy metal band Manowar became the Guinness World Records’ “World’s Loudest Band” when they hit 129.5 decibels in a live concert in 1994. And why...
How does air pressure affect my sinuses?
Your sinus cavities are just that, spaces in your head filled with air and sometimes fluid. When the...
What is acute parotitis?
Acute parotitis is inflammation of the parotid glands. The parotid gland is above the jaw and in fro...
Can Big Earrings Hurt My Ears?
Can Big Earrings Hurt My Ears?