How does the ear canal help me hear?

David M. Vernick, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat (Otolaryngology)
The ear canal is a mere inch long. It acts like an amplifier, boosting the sound's volume as it funnels the sound to the eardrum, or tympanic membrane.

Continue Learning about Ear, Nose and Throat

Blowing Up Ear Infections
Blowing Up Ear Infections
 The EU (European Union) stepped squarely into the party-pooper zone a few years ago by issuing a Toy Safety Directive declaring it was off limits for...
How can I remove earwax?
Earwax is designed to come out naturally. After it traps foreign substances-it's main duty-earwax is...
What is acute parotitis?
Acute parotitis is inflammation of the parotid glands. The parotid gland is above the jaw and in fro...
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?
What Can I Do to Treat Acid Reflux?