Should I be concerned if clear liquid is coming from my ear?

Yes, if you have an ear injury, you should be concerned if clear liquid is coming from your ear. Clear liquid may be brain fluid and a sign of serious damage from your ear injury. In fact, if clear liquid, blood, or pus is coming from your ear, you should seek medical help.

Continue Learning about Ear Injury

Ear Injury

Ear Injury

If you have an ear injury, you may experience symptoms like earache, clear or bloody discharge from the ear, or changes in or loss of hearing. Ear injuries can also cause dizziness, nausea, and other symptoms. If you are injured a...

nd have severe pain in your ear or other worrisome symptoms, have your doctor examine your ear. Do not try to stick tweezers or cotton swabs in your ear to remove a lodged object as this might make the injury worse. If your ear is bleeding or wounded, wash the cut and apply a compress. Continued bleeding after 10 minutes may need to be checked out by a medical professional.