When should my baby be checked for an ear infection?

If your baby has had a cold for several days and now has a fever, is fussy, is waking up at night, or is eating and drinking less, it’s a good idea to have his ears checked. Even if he has had an ear infection before or was in yesterday for a cold, the ears need to be checked again. Ears can become infected overnight, so an ear examination can really change in one day. Examining the ears is important because it helps doctors determine if an antibiotic is needed and if so, which antibiotic to use.
Mommy Calls: Dr. Tanya Answers Parents' Top 101 Questions About Babies and Toddlers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------The must-have resource for parents of children up to age three! Small enough to fit in a diaper bag, but big on...

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Are ear disorders serious?
Some ear disorders have the potential for long-term complications, including hearing loss and balanc...
Are children more prone to ear disorders?
Children seem to be more prone to one type of ear disorder, ear infections. Blame simple anatomy for...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?