When should I see a doctor if I have an ear infection?

With ear infections, you should see a healthcare provider if you have:

• temperature higher than 100.4° F
  • discharge of blood or pus from the ears
  • been diagnosed with an ear infection and symptoms do not improve, or worsen

Your healthcare provider can determine what kind of ear infection is present and if treatment is needed.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Are children more prone to ear disorders?
Children seem to be more prone to one type of ear disorder, ear infections. Blame simple anatomy for...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections