What are the treatment options for labyrinthitis?

If you have been diagnosed with labyrinthitis (inflammation of the inner ear), there are several treatment options. The first is medication, which works to reduce or control the symptoms you are experiencing. Antibiotics and antiviral drugs are often prescribed. The second treatment is used if the labyrinthitis symptoms continue for a long period of time. This involves training that helps you re-develop your balance, known as vestibular rehabilitation. During this training, you will learn how to move around in a normal fashion, regardless of your feelings of imbalance.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is vestibular neuritis (labyrinthitis)?
Labyrinthitis occurs when an organ in the inner ear, call the vestibular labyrinth, becomes swollen ...
When should I see a doctor if I have an ear infection?
With ear infections, you should see a healthcare provider if you have: temperature higher than 10...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?