What increases my risk for perichondritis?

You are at greater risk for developing perichondritis if your immune system is weakened because your body cannot fight off the infection. People who have diabetes are also at greater risk. If you pierce your ear cartilage or undergo ear surgery, you may also be more vulnerable to this type of infection.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What are the different types of ear infections?
There are three main kinds of ear infections, which are called acute otitis (oh-TIE-tus) media (AOM)...
What are some signs and symptoms of an acute otitis media ear infection?
Some of the signs and symptoms of acute otitis media (AOM) ear infections can include: fluid drai...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?