What are the complications of radiosurgery for acoustic neuromas?

Isaac Yang, MD
Neurosurgery
People can get complications from radiosurgery for acoustic neuromas. The cranial neuropathies that one can get are trigeminal neuropathies and facial palsy. But these are quite rare, occurring in only about 2-3% of cases.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is a glomus tumor?
David M. Vernick, MDDavid M. Vernick, MD
A glomus tumor is an abnormal growth of specialized cells that occure in a few areas of the body. Th...
When should I see a doctor if I have an ear infection?
With ear infections, you should see a healthcare provider if you have: temperature higher than 10...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections