Should I talk to my doctor if I think I have cauliflower ear?

Treatment can keep your ear from becoming deformed, so it's important to see a doctor right away if you suffer a blow to the ear and it swells. Your doctor will remove the blood pooled under the skin. Then he or she will apply a dressing that puts pressure on the ear to keep the blood from pooling again. You may also need antibiotics to prevent an infection.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How can I prevent an ear infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
To help prevent ear infections: Wash your hands often and have your children do so too. You can cl...
Are children more prone to ear disorders?
Children seem to be more prone to one type of ear disorder, ear infections. Blame simple anatomy for...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections