Should I talk to my doctor about my perichondritis symptoms?

If you have perichondritis symptoms, you should talk to your doctor. The infection needs to be treated to prevent complications, such as a blockage of the blood supply to the cartilage. If the infection spreads to the cartilage, a condition known as chondritis, part of the ear may need to be removed surgically or the ear could become deformed.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How common are ear disorders?
Some ear disorders are more common than others. Otitis media, or middle ear infections, has been dia...
What is an ear infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An ear infection happens when the inside of your ear gets stuffy, just like your nose. Your ear can ...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections