What are the symptoms of viral ear infections?

The defining symptom of a viral ear infection is a painful earache. Other symptoms can include a fever and dizziness. Blockage of the ear can cause feelings of fullness in the ear and hearing impairment for the duration of the infection.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
What is an ear infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An ear infection happens when the inside of your ear gets stuffy, just like your nose. Your ear can ...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?