How can I protect my children from cholesteatoma?

In the case of cholesteatoma, there are two ways that you can protect your children.

1. Protect them from getting the disease. In some cases, if you catch and treat ear infections well, you can stop your children from getting cholesteatoma. Make sure you take your child to the doctor, and get the proper medication. Don't forget to give it according to the instructions on the label.
  2. Protect them from complications of the disease. Cholesteatoma is very hard for a patient to self-diagnose. Often times, the symptoms of cholesteatoma are not noticeable. If your child has the disease, you can prevent her from developing hearing loss or serious consequences, like brain inflammation, by scheduling a surgery to remove the cyst.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders