How can I prepare for my bacterial ear infection appointment?

If you are seeing a doctor about your or your child's bacterial ear infection symptoms, you'll want to be ready to answer questions about your symptoms and history. If you or your child has suffered from any kind of ear infection in the past, this would be relevant information for your doctor. If your bacterial ear infection is in the ear canal (a condition known as swimmer's ear), your infection is probably related to the amount of time you spend swimming or otherwise around water, and how you take care of your ears afterwards. Be prepared to answer questions related to these facts.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is otology?
Eric E. Smouha, MDEric E. Smouha, MD
Otology is the field of medicine that includes problems of the ears, hearing and balance. Neurotolog...
How does aging affect ear disorders?
As we age, we become more susceptible to various ear disorders. Hearing impairment increases with ag...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections