How do I manage my labyrinthitis on a daily basis?

The first step to managing your labyrinthitis daily is to follow your doctor's instructions and take prescribed medication to treat your symptoms. Be careful when driving or using machinery, especially if you are experiencing vertigo. You may want to avoid those activities entirely if your symptoms are distracting. Get adequate rest and avoid overly bright lighting, as these may contribute to your dizziness. If physical therapy is prescribed, complete your exercises to improve your balance. You'll also want to try to move slowly and gradually when changing directions or standing up.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Ear Disorders

Ear Disorders

Your ear is a complex organ composed of the outer, middle and inner ear (as well as fluid). Any disorder involving your ear -- ear infections, tinnitus, Meniere's disease -- can affect either your hearing or your balance. Treatmen...

t options for ear disorders vary based on the type of disorder you have.