How is Inner Ear Decompression Sickness related to decompression sickness?

Inner Ear Decompression Sickness (IEDCS) is the name of a specific condition when gas bubbles affect the inner ear. Decompression sickness is the general term applied when gas bubbles in the blood and tissue affect the body. Decompression sickness often affects the lungs or nervous system. People who have IEDCS almost always have another form of decompression sickness as well.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
When should I see a doctor if I have an ear infection?
With ear infections, you should see a healthcare provider if you have: temperature higher than 10...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?