How do I manage my cauliflower ear treatment on a daily basis?

Cauliflower ear treatment takes several days. First, a doctor will drain the clotted blood from the ear through a needle or incision. Then, you will have to wear a tight bandage for three to seven days to press the skin and cartilage back together, re-establishing blood flow to the cartilage. If the blood clot comes back, you will need to have it drained again. You may have to take antibiotics to ward off infection.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is an ear infection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
An ear infection happens when the inside of your ear gets stuffy, just like your nose. Your ear can ...
When should I see a doctor if I have an ear infection?
With ear infections, you should see a healthcare provider if you have: temperature higher than 10...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?