How do other illnesses affect cauliflower ear?

Cauliflower ear is not caused or worsened by any other illnesses. It is caused by an ear injury. However, this type of injury can get infected. People with compromised immune systems are especially likely to need antibiotics.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is an otitis media with effusion ear infection?
Otitis media with effusion (uh-FEW-zhun), or OME, is a build up of fluid in the middle ear without s...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?