How often can facial nerve function be preserved in acoustic neuromas?

Isaac Yang, MD
Neurosurgery
If you have an acoustic neuroma, the preservation of facial nerve function is very important, as it provides you with the ability to move your face and smile. Researchers have found that radiosurgery is very safe for facial nerve preservation. Greater than 95% of people who were treated with radiation preserved their facial nerve function.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Is swimmer's ear related to bacterial ear infections?
Swimmer's ear is a type of ear infection that affects the outer ear (called the ear canal) and can b...
How does aging affect ear disorders?
As we age, we become more susceptible to various ear disorders. Hearing impairment increases with ag...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?