How does cauliflower ear affect the body?

Cauliflower ear develops when the cartilage in the ear dies, due to a blood that pools under the skin after blows to the ear. This type of injury can also get infected. The resulting malformed ear itself is not usually considered harmful, however.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How do I know my perennial allergic rhinitis isn't just a cold?
Both colds and perennial allergies cause rhinitis. Because the symptoms are similar, it can be hard ...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections